CHRISTMAS PARADE 2022
Each year since 1993, the "Christmas in the Park" celebration has begun with a beautiful lighted parade. This year the Parade of Lights begins at 7:00 in front of the Courthouse on National Avenue in Brazil, and will travel from Alabama Street west to Depot Street.
We hope to have at least 80 entries, from decorative floats, to the Northview High School Band, and many other creative ideas, all lit, and many with musical themes. The end of the parade features, who else but Santa Claus, direct from the North Pole!
This year, due to increasing costs, we are asking each entry for a small fee to be in the parade. Details are on the Parade Entry Form.
There is no charge of any kind to see the parade; it is suggested that you bring lawn chairs, and get the best spot by 6pm, as thousands will line up to see this unique Christmas parade in downtown Brazil.
After the parade is over, Forest Park will be "lit up" at 9:00pm, after the "Gift of Christmas" Fireworks Show in the park at 9pm
There will be FREE hot chocolate and cookie from 5-7pm at the Clay County Courthouse, courtesy of the Courthouse staff. Also, trees decorated with ornaments made by our local school children will be displayed.
Join us for the fun and excitement of the annual “Christmas In The Park” lighted parade! Plan on making your church, business, club or civic organization a part of the “Christmas In The Park” celebration!
1. FOR SAFETY’S SAKE, NO THROWING OF CANDY OR OTHER ITEMS WILL BE ALLOWED. . Candy or other giveaway items should be handed to spectators by participants, never thrown. Violators are
subject to removal from the parade.
2. FIRE EXTINGUISHERS ARE MANDATORY. Any vehicular unit should have at least one fire
extinguisher aboard and readily accessible.
3. UNITS MUST keep moving forward. No stopping for any reason other than emergencies is allowed.
Please try to maintain approximately thirty feet (30’) between your entry and the one ahead of you. Please don’t allow large gaps to form in the lineup.
4. NAMES OF SPONSORS should be visible to spectators.
5. ALL VEHICLES SHOULD BE DECORATED AND LIGHTED! Except for tow vehicles.
6. NO INTOXICATED PERSONS WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PARADE. Any
intoxicated person will be removed from the parade, and the police notified.
7. “SANTA CLAUS” WILL HAVE A PLACE OF HONOR AT THE END OF THE PARADE. NO OTHER
PERSONS DRESSED AS SANTA WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PARADE. Santa figurines etc are acceptable
8. POLITICAL UNITS must consist only of float entries by respective political parties.
9. FOR SAFETY’S SAKE, EMERGENCY VEHICLES SHOULD NOT use sirens and/or horns during the
parade, unless they are called upon to respond to an emergency and must leave the parade in progress.
Entrants violating this rule may be removed from the parade. *Music may be played over PA system!
10. HEADLIGHTS SHOULD BE TURNED OFF when the parade begins please cover or disconnect daylight
11. The parade Committee reserves the right to reject any application. PLEASE RETURN ENTRIES BY
NOVEMBER 15th no later then 6 PM. Line-up will be released by Wednesday November 16th. LATE ENTRIES, INCLUDING DAY-OF-THE-PARADE SHOW-UPS, ARE ACCEPTED! Call to confirm. Entries beyond deadline. Late entries will be added to the end of the parade.
12. PLEASE FURNISH US WITH WRITTEN COMMENTS CONCERNING YOUR ENTRY. An emcee on the reviewing stand will announce entries as they pass and read a brief description of your entry/group/
organization/etc if one is furnished.
Click HERE for the Parade Entry form that you can submit on-line.
Click HERE to download a printed Parade Entry Form.
2022 PARADE LINE UP
Unit #1: Unit one will line-up on the sides of US40 (north and side side). #1-16 will be on the south side of US40, facing west, with #17-25 being on the north side, facing west. ALL ENTRIES MUST ENTER STAGING FROM THE EAST.
1. Indiana State Police
2. Clay County Sheriff's Department
3. Brazil City Police Department
4. The Civil Air Patrol 181st Composite
5. Indiana Army National Guard 138th CSC
6. Northview Marching Knights
7. Brazil City Fire Department
8. Jackson Fire Department
9. Center Point Fire Department
10. Van Buren Fire Department
11. Posey Fire Department
12. Poland Fire Department
13. Dick Johnson Fire Department
14. Putnamville Correctional Facility
15. Star Ambulance
16. Poor Boys Truck Repair and Towing
17. Yakel Tire
18. Schopmeyer Ag
19. Wallace Brothers
20. Advance Drainage Systems
21. Duke Energy
22. Cook Lumber
23. JC Auto
24. Christmas In The Park Royalty
Unit #2: Line-up will be on Vandalia Street. ENTER LINE-UP FROM HENDRIX STREET AND PROCEED SOUTH TOWARDS US40 TO YOUR RESERVED SPOT, with spot number 1 being near US40 and Vandalia Street.
1. Bricks & Gables
2. Great Dane Trailers
3. Center Point Masonic Lodge #597
4. McCoy Xterminating LLC
6. Harley Burns Racing
7. Bill Gasway
8. French Funeral Home
9. Riddell National Bank
10. Tumble Express Gymnastics
11. Whitetail Impressions
12. Crowder Lawn and Garden
13. FrysTractor Service
14. HartleyZ KustomZ & Kollision
15. Clay County Football
16. Jocie's Cosmetology School
17. Northview High School Choirs
18. The Kettle Corral
20. Punishers LEMC/Guardian Belles LERC
21. Wabash Valley Mifits Jeep Group
22. The Hometown Savings Bank
23. Alans Trash Removal
24. Unique Fire Department
25. McTimber INC
26. Harmony McKinley Chapel
27. 1st Choice Lawn Care
28. Austin A. Burns DDS, PC
29. Starr's SXS Shop, LLC
30. Peace of Mind Painting
31. Greiner Portable Sawmill Service
32. Clay County Humane Society
33. Annunciation SVDP Food Pantry
34. Ferrell Gas
35. Barnett and Rooksberry Racing
36. Clover Signs
37. The Farm and Co.
38. The Farm and Co. Dirt Worx
39. Event for Christmas-Kick off to Summer Celebration-
40. Indiana Department of Transportation
41. Arrows Homeschool Group
42. Barnside Darlings
43. York Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Brazil
44. Loven Pizza
45. Casey;s General Store
46. The Door Church
47. Hutsonwood of Brazil
48. The Villas of Holly Brook Assisted Living Community
49. J. Fisher Seed Service
50. The Back 40 Boutique
51. GM Digital Printing
52. A&B Homes
53. JJ Mower Sales and Service
54. Clay County Faire Royalty
55. Clay County 4-H
56. Clay County 4-H Jr. Leaders
57. Paradise Pools & More LLC
58. US Lawns
59. Peak Performance Gym
60. Clay County Girl Scouts
61. JJ Miller Sales and Service
62. The Anchor Church
63. Zorah Shrine Custom Cruisers
64. Clay Community Classroom Teachers Association
65. Gibson Family Motors
66. Box Top Mattress
67. Acceptance Insurance - Terre Haute
68. New Elegance Salon and Spa
69. Benchmark Family Services
70. Kinetics Xcavating and Plumbing Services
71. Clay County Horse and Pony
72. Lena Community Church
73. Northview DECA
74. Santa Claus
75. Brazil Police Department