CHRISTMAS PARADE 2020 Theme:
Each year since 1993, the "Christmas in the Park" celebration has begun with a beautiful lighted parade. This year the Parade of Lights begins at 7:00 in front of the Courthouse on National Avenue in Brazil, and will travel from Alabama Street west to Depot Street.
We hope to have at least 80 entries, from decorative floats, to the Northview High School Band, and many other creative ideas, all lit, and many with musical themes. The end of the parade features, who else but Santa Claus, direct from the North Pole!
This year, due to increasing costs, we are asking each entry for a small fee to be in the parade. Details are on the Parade Entry Form.
There is no charge of any kind to see the parade; it is suggested that you bring lawn chairs, and get the best spot by 6pm, as thousands will line up to see this unique Christmas parade in downtown Brazil.
After the parade is over, Forest Park will be "lit up" at 9:00pm, after the "Gift of Christmas" Fireworks Show in the park at 9pm
There will be FREE hot chocolate and cookie from 5-7pm at the Clay County Courthouse, courtesy of the Courthouse staff. Also, trees decorated with ornaments made by our local school children will be displayed.
Join us for the fun and excitement of the annual “Christmas In The Park” lighted parade! Plan on making your church, business, club or civic organization a part of the “Christmas In The Park” celebration!
1. FOR SAFETY’S SAKE, NO THROWING OF CANDY OR OTHER ITEMS WILL BE ALLOWED. . Candy or other giveaway items should be handed to spectators by participants, never thrown. Violators are
subject to removal from the parade.
2. FIRE EXTINGUISHERS ARE MANDATORY. Any vehicular unit should have at least one fire
extinguisher aboard and readily accessible.
3. UNITS MUST keep moving forward. No stopping for any reason other than emergencies is allowed.
Please try to maintain approximately thirty feet (30’) between your entry and the one ahead of you. Please don’t allow large gaps to form in the lineup.
4. NAMES OF SPONSORS should be visible to spectators.
5. ALL VEHICLES SHOULD BE DECORATED AND LIGHTED! Except for tow vehicles.
6. NO INTOXICATED PERSONS WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PARADE. Any
intoxicated person will be removed from the parade, and the police notified.
7. “SANTA CLAUS” WILL HAVE A PLACE OF HONOR AT THE END OF THE PARADE. NO OTHER
PERSONS DRESSED AS SANTA WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PARADE. Santa figurines etc are acceptable
8. POLITICAL UNITS must consist only of float entries by respective political parties.
9. FOR SAFETY’S SAKE, EMERGENCY VEHICLES SHOULD NOT use sirens and/or horns during the
parade, unless they are called upon to respond to an emergency and must leave the parade in progress.
Entrants violating this rule may be removed from the parade. *Music may be played over PA system!
10. HEADLIGHTS SHOULD BE TURNED OFF when the parade begins please cover or disconnect daylight
11. The parade Committee reserves the right to reject any application. PLEASE RETURN ENTRIES BY
NOVEMBER 15th no later then 6 PM. Line-up will be released by Wednesday November 16th. LATE ENTRIES, INCLUDING DAY-OF-THE-PARADE SHOW-UPS, ARE ACCEPTED! Call to confirm. Entries beyond deadline. Late entries will be added to the end of the parade.
12. PLEASE FURNISH US WITH WRITTEN COMMENTS CONCERNING YOUR ENTRY. An emcee on the reviewing stand will announce entries as they pass and read a brief description of your entry/group/
organization/etc if one is furnished.
Click HERE for the Parade Entry form that you can submit on-line.
Click HERE to download a printed Parade Entry Form.
2019 PARADE LINE UP
Line up for the Parade will begin at 6:00 PM.
Line up in the parking lot behind Advance Auto off Jackson Street
Click HERE to display the parade lineup