2016 Theme: Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
Each year since 1993, the "Christmas in the Park" celebration has begun with a beautiful lighted parade. This year the Parade of Lights begins at 7:00 in front of the Courthouse on National Avenue in Brazil, and will travel from Alabama Street west to Depot Street.
There will be about 80 entries, from decorative floats, to the Northview High School Band, and many other creative ideas, all lit, and many with musical themes. The end of the parade features, who else but Santa Claus, direct from the North Pole!
There is no charge of any kind to see the parade; it is suggested that you bring lawn chairs, and get the best spot by 6pm, as thousands will line up to see this unique Christmas parade in downtown Brazil.
After the parade is over, Forest Park will be "lit up" at 9:00pm, after the "Gift of Christmas" Fireworks Show in the park at 9pm
There will be FREE hot chocolate and cookee from 5-7pm at the Clay County Courthouse, courtesy of the Courthouse staff. Also, trees decorated with ornaments made by our local school children will be displayed.
Join us for the fun and excitement of the 24thannual “Christmas In The Park” lighted parade! The parade will kick off month long festivities for this year’s festival, which features the theme, “ROCKIN AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE”. The parade will be held Friday, November 25, 2016 and will line up on North Vandalia Street beginning at 5:00 P.M. The parade will get underway at 7:00 P.M., Plan on making your church, business, club or civic organization a part of the “Christmas In The Park” celebration!
1. FOR SAFETY’S SAKE, NO THROWING OF CANDY OR OTHER ITEMS WILL BE ALLOWED. . Candy or other giveaway items should be handed to spectators by participants, never thrown. Violators are
subject to removal from the parade.
2. FIRE EXTINGUISHERS ARE MANDATORY. Any vehicular unit should have at least one fire
extinguisher aboard and readily accessible.
3. UNITS MUST keep moving forward. No stopping for any reason other than emergencies is allowed.
Please try to maintain approximately thirty feet (30’) between your entry and the one ahead of you. Please don’t allow large gaps to form in the lineup.
4. NAMES OF SPONSORS should be visible to spectators.
5. ALL VEHICLES SHOULD BE DECORATED AND LIGHTED! Except for tow vehicles.
6. NO INTOXICATED PERSONS WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PARADE. Any
intoxicated person will be removed from the parade, and the police notified.
7. “SANTA CLAUS” WILL HAVE A PLACE OF HONOR AT THE END OF THE PARADE. NO OTHER
PERSONS DRESSED AS SANTA WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PARADE. Santa figurines etc are acceptable
8. POLICICAL UNITS must consist only of float entries by respective political parties.
9. FOR SAFETY’S SAKE, EMERGENCY VEHICLES SHOULD NOT use sirens and/or horns during the
parade, unless they are called upon to respond to an emergency and must leave the parade in progress.
Entrants violating this rule may be removed from the parade. *Music may be played over PA system!
10. HEADLIGHTS SHOULD BE TURNED OFF when the parade begins please cover or disconnect daylight
11. The parade Committee reserves the right to reject any application. PLEASE RETURN ENTRIES BY
NOVEMBER 15th no later then 6 PM. Line-up will be released by Wednesday November 16th. LATE ENTRIES, INCLUDING DAY-OF-THE-PARADE SHOW-UPS, ARE ACCEPTED! Call to confirm. Entries beyond deadline. Late entries will be added to the end of the parade.
12. PLEASE FURNISH US WITH WRITTEN COMMENTS CONCERNING YOUR ENTRY. An emcee on the reviewing stand will announce entries as they pass and read a brief description of your entry/group/
organization/etc if one is furnished.
Click HERE for the Parade Entry form that you can submit on-line.
Click HERE to download a printed Parade Entry Form.
2016 PARADE LINE UP
UNIT #1—Line up in open lots south side of US 40 at Vandalia
UNIT # 2—Starts @ National & Vandalia Street
40. Northview Marching Knights
41. Northview Cheerleaders
42 Alan’s Trash Removal
43. Jocie’s Cosmetology School
44. Paul & Heather Woolery
45. Cloverleaf Healthcare
46. Emmert Realty
47. Long John Silvers
48. Wallace Bros Disposal
49. Stag Enterprises, Inc.
50. S Studio
51. Cub Scout Pack 45
52. Harrison College
53. Girl Scout Troup #1010—Nakoa Suartana
54. River Community Church
55. Cub Scout Pack 195
56. Circle P Saloon
57. Clay County Girl Scouts—Carolyn Robinson
58. Clay County 4H Fair Queen & Princess
59. Shepard’s ProTs
60. New Wave Pro Wrestling
61. Top Notch Family Restaurant
62. Bite This Bakery
63. WXXR X97.3 The Bird
64. Mershon Sons Concrete
65. Serving On The Streets
66. Sun Factory Tanning
67. First Christian Church Daycare
68. Girl Scout Service Unit 162 & 163—Rachel Wey
69. Tumble Express Gymnastics
71. Kings Servants Chapter - Christian Motorcyclist Association
72. Coca Cola
73. Terre Haute Savings Bank
74. Brazil Concert Band/Jackson Township Band
75. Job’s Daughters Bethel #121
76. Brazil Church of the Nazarene
77. Manion Contracting & Design
78. Jackson Street Wesleyan Church
79. Brazil Elks 762
80 Pilot McDonalds/Jedel Enterprise
81. Kiwanis Club of Brazil
82. Brazil Rotary Club
83. Century 21 Hometown Realty
85. Jenni Marietta State Farm Insurance
86. Bee Ridge Church
87. Indiana HAVOC
88. Long’s Lawn Care
89. Croy’s Creek Congregational Christian Church
90. Clay Youth Football
91. Toni’s Tumbling & Dance
92. Posey Fire Department
93. Hoosier Homes & Land
94. Ceres Solutions
95. Mike Cassidy
96. Hunter Stearley
97. Lamberts Towing
98. Lamberts Towing
99. Lamberts Towing
100. Lamberts Towing
101. Lamberts Towing
102. Clay County Horse & Pony Club
103. Ron Strain Horse & Carriage
104. Raven Allender
105. Raven Allender
106. Snowflake Pageant Winners
107. French Family
108. Santa Claus
109. Brazil PD—Chase Car
110. Brazil PD—Chase Car