CHRISTMAS PARADE 2018 Theme: Silver Bells
Each year since 1993, the "Christmas in the Park" celebration has begun with a beautiful lighted parade. This year the Parade of Lights begins at 7:00 in front of the Courthouse on National Avenue in Brazil, and will travel from Alabama Street west to Depot Street.
We hope to have at least 80 entries, from decorative floats, to the Northview High School Band, and many other creative ideas, all lit, and many with musical themes. The end of the parade features, who else but Santa Claus, direct from the North Pole!
This year, due to increasing costs, we are asking each entry for a small fee to be in the parade. Details are on the Parade Entry Form.
There is no charge of any kind to see the parade; it is suggested that you bring lawn chairs, and get the best spot by 6pm, as thousands will line up to see this unique Christmas parade in downtown Brazil.
After the parade is over, Forest Park will be "lit up" at 9:00pm, after the "Gift of Christmas" Fireworks Show in the park at 9pm
There will be FREE hot chocolate and cookie from 5-7pm at the Clay County Courthouse, courtesy of the Courthouse staff. Also, trees decorated with ornaments made by our local school children will be displayed.
Join us for the fun and excitement of the 25th annual “Christmas In The Park” lighted parade! The parade will kick off month long festivities for this year’s festival, which features the theme, “Silver Bells”. The parade will be held Friday, November 23, 2018 and will line up on North Vandalia Street beginning at 6:00 P.M. The parade will get underway at 7:00 P.M., Plan on making your church, business, club or civic organization a part of the “Christmas In The Park” celebration!
1. FOR SAFETY’S SAKE, NO THROWING OF CANDY OR OTHER ITEMS WILL BE ALLOWED. . Candy or other giveaway items should be handed to spectators by participants, never thrown. Violators are
subject to removal from the parade.
2. FIRE EXTINGUISHERS ARE MANDATORY. Any vehicular unit should have at least one fire
extinguisher aboard and readily accessible.
3. UNITS MUST keep moving forward. No stopping for any reason other than emergencies is allowed.
Please try to maintain approximately thirty feet (30’) between your entry and the one ahead of you. Please don’t allow large gaps to form in the lineup.
4. NAMES OF SPONSORS should be visible to spectators.
5. ALL VEHICLES SHOULD BE DECORATED AND LIGHTED! Except for tow vehicles.
6. NO INTOXICATED PERSONS WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PARADE. Any
intoxicated person will be removed from the parade, and the police notified.
7. “SANTA CLAUS” WILL HAVE A PLACE OF HONOR AT THE END OF THE PARADE. NO OTHER
PERSONS DRESSED AS SANTA WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PARADE. Santa figurines etc are acceptable
8. POLITICAL UNITS must consist only of float entries by respective political parties.
9. FOR SAFETY’S SAKE, EMERGENCY VEHICLES SHOULD NOT use sirens and/or horns during the
parade, unless they are called upon to respond to an emergency and must leave the parade in progress.
Entrants violating this rule may be removed from the parade. *Music may be played over PA system!
10. HEADLIGHTS SHOULD BE TURNED OFF when the parade begins please cover or disconnect daylight
11. The parade Committee reserves the right to reject any application. PLEASE RETURN ENTRIES BY
NOVEMBER 15th no later then 6 PM. Line-up will be released by Wednesday November 16th. LATE ENTRIES, INCLUDING DAY-OF-THE-PARADE SHOW-UPS, ARE ACCEPTED! Call to confirm. Entries beyond deadline. Late entries will be added to the end of the parade.
12. PLEASE FURNISH US WITH WRITTEN COMMENTS CONCERNING YOUR ENTRY. An emcee on the reviewing stand will announce entries as they pass and read a brief description of your entry/group/
organization/etc if one is furnished.
Click HERE for the Parade Entry form that you can submit on-line.
Click HERE to download a printed Parade Entry Form.
2018 PARADE LINE UP
Line up for the Parade will begin at 6:00 PM.
Line up in the parking lot behind Advance Auto off Jackson Street
1. Brazil Police Department
2. Clay Count Sherriff's Department
3. Indiana State Police- Matt Ames
4. Christmas In The Park Parade Banner
5. American Legion Color Guard
6. American Legion Riders
7. Brazil Fire Department Ladder Truck
8. Jackson Township Fire Department
9. Posey Township Volunteer Fire Deparment
10. Van Buren Volunteer Fire Department
11. Poland Fire Department
12. Center Point and Community Volunteer Fire Department
13. Putnamville Correctional Facility Fire Department
14. Lewis Township Volunteer Fire Department
15. Dick Johnson Volunteer Fire Department
16. Nevins Township Fire department
17. Poor Boys Truck Repair and Towing
18. AAA Towing
19. Brazil Parks and Recreation
20. Duke Energy
21. Wallace Brothers
22. Schopmeyer Ag
23. Cloverleaf Healthcare of Knightsville
24. McCallister Machinery
25. Advanced Drainage Systems
ALL TRAFFIC ON VANDALIA WILL BE SOUTHBOUND FROM HENDRIX TO US 40.ALL ENTRIES IN UNIT#2 WILL NEED TO ENTER VANDALIA OFF OF HENDRIX!
Line up on Vandalia Street facing South.
1. Terre Haute Quarter Midget Association ( Columbia Street between 40 and Church Street)
2. Burns Racing
3. Toni's Dance Studio
4. Brazil Shell
5. Clay Youth Football League
6. Alan's Trash Removal
7. Moran Tax and Accounting
8. Riddell National Bank
9. Clay County 4-H Junior Leaders
10. Clay County 4-H Fair Queen
11. Clay Youth League 6U All Star Baseball Team
12. Rotary Club of Brazil
13. McVay Motorsports
14. CFA Staffing
15. SS Studio
16. Terre Haute Savings Bank
17. Tumble Express Gymnastics
18. Jenni Marietta State Farm Insurance
19. Elvis Presley Tribute Artist
20. Unique Fire Department
21. McCoy Xterminating
22. Terre Haute Area Association of Realtors
23. Brazil Ace Hardware
24. United Mine Workers
25. Clay County CASA
26. Family Worship Center
27. Greiner Portable Sawmill Services
28. Emmert Realty
29. Cub Scouts Pack 45
31. Jackson Street Wesleyan Church
32. Brazil Lions Club
33. Clay County Girl Scouts of Central Indiana
34. New Elegance Salon and Spa
35. Jocie's Cosmetology School
36. Cory Apple Festival Royalty 2018
37. Berea Christian Church
38. Stadler's Barbershop
39. Brazil Concert Band/Jackson TWP Band
40. Clippy Do Dog
41. Brazil United Pentecostal Church
42. Sorelle Dolci Salon
43. St. John's United Church of Christ
44. Casey's General Store
45. Fulk Construction
46. Green Valley Wood Products
47. Indiana HAVOC Softball
48. Wabash Building Services
49. Tops Down Bottom's up Dirty 30 Pack-Jeep's
50. Clay County Heat Baseball
51. Croy's Creek Congregational Christian Church
52. Narcotics Anonymous
53. Brazil Nazarene Church
54. Job's Daughters International Bethel #121
55. Clinton Grand Prix
56. Manion Contracting and design
57. Whitetail Impressions/H&P Land Management
58. West Central Contracting
59. Sun Factory Tanning
60. Pepsi Refreshment Services
61. The Farm and Company
62. Edington's Wrecker Service
63. US LAWNS
64. Northview FFA
66. Clay County Human Society
67. Groups Recover Together
68. Christmas In The Park Snowflake Royalty
69. Launch Academy
70. French Family
71. Santa Clause
72. Clay County Horse and Pony
73. Brazil Police Department
74. Brazil Police Department