20th ANNUAL “CHRISTMAS IN THE PARK” PARADE
FRIDAY, November 23, 2012
Sponsored by Lynn’s Pharmacy
PLEASE FILL IN YOUR INFORMATION, PRINT OUT AND FAX TO 812-442-0015. MAILING INFORMATION AT BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
Join us for the fun and excitement of the 20th annual “Christmas In The Park” lighted parade! The parade will kick off month long festivities for this year’s festival, which features the theme, “An Antique Christmas”. The parade will be held Friday, November 23, 2012 and will line up on North Vandalia Street beginning at 5:00 P.M. The parade will get underway at 7:00 P.M., proceeding west on National Avenue, and will end at Sherman Street. Plan on making your church, business, club or civic organization a part of the “Christmas In The Park” celebration!
1. FOR SAFETY’S SAKE, NO THROWING OF CANDY OR OTHER ITEMS WILL BE ALLOWED. . Candy or other giveaway items should be handed to spectators by participants, never thrown. Violators are
subject to removal from the parade.
2. FIRE EXTINGUISHERS ARE MANDATORY. Any vehicular unit should have at least one fire
extinguisher aboard and readily accessible.
3. UNITS MUST keep moving forward. No stopping for any reason other than emergencies is allowed. Please
try to maintain approximately thirty feet (30’) between your entry and the one ahead of you. Please don’t
allow large gags to form in the lineup.
4. NAMES OF SPONSORS should be visible to spectators.
5. ALL VEHICLES SHOULD BE DECORATED AND LIGHTED! Except for tow vehicles.
6. NO INTOXICATED PERSONS WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PARADE. Any
intoxicated person will be removed from the parade, and the police notified.
7. “SANTA CLAUS” WILL HAVE A PLACE OF HONOR AT THE END OF THE PARADE. NO OTHER
PERSONS DRESSED AS SANTA WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PARADE. Santa figurines etc are
8. POLICICAL UNITS must consist only of float entries by respective political parties.
9. FOR SAFETY’S SAKE, EMERGENCY VEHICLES SHOULD NOT use sirens and/or horns during the
parade, unless they are called upon to respond to an emergency and must leave the parade in progress.
Entrants violating this rule may be removed from the parade. *Music may be played over PA system!
10. HEADLIGHTS SHOULD BE TURNED OFF when the parade begins please cover or disconnect daylight
11. The parade Committee reserves the right to reject any application. PLEASE RETURN ENTRIES BY
NOVEMBER 14TH no later then 6 PM. Line-up will be released by Wednesday November 15th. LATE
ENTRIES, INCLUDING DAY-OF-THE-PARADE SHOW-UPS, ARE ACCEPTED! Call to confirm
Entries beyond deadline. Late entries will be added to the end of the parade.
12. PLEASE FURNISH US WITH WRITTEN COMMENTS CONCERNING YOUR ENTRY. An emcee on
the reviewing stand will announce entries as they pass and read a brief description of your entry/group/
organization/etc if one is furnished.
NAME OF ENTRY*Person we can contact_____________________________________________________
NUMBER OF UNITS:______________________________________________________________________
TYPE OF ENTRY:_________________________________________________________________________
MUSIC OR SOUND SYSTEM?______________________________________________________________
ARE YOU GOING TO BE IN THE PARADE NEXT YEAR? YES_______ NO_____
WE WILL CONTACT YOU IN SEPTEMBER
For more information concerning the parade, please contact the following:
Eddie Treadway or Linda Ray at 812-446-1811 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Entries may be mailed, or faxed
FAX Number: 812-442-0015
Christmas In The Park
422 E National Avenue
Brazil, IN 47834
THANK YOU AND HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON